Well, it’s done. I mean, I actually ate the thing; it’s finished and is available now!
I worked on this book for much of last year and I can honestly say it feels Uh-MAZ-Ing to be done.
But here’s the thing, I think it’s actually really good and so while I totally hate being “salesy” I have to share about it because it think it’s a really great resource and I want everyone to have one.
Let me introduce you to the Aligned Parenting Workbook
Disclaimer: This is NOT a how-to book.
Honestly I don’t know “how to” do parenting perfectly. My kids are not perfect, my family is not perfect, and I am WAY not perfect. This is more of a “what” book. It will get you thinking about questions like:
- What do we want our family to be about?
- What values are most important to our family?
- What practical skills and experiences to we want our kids to leave home with?
- What meaningful traditions do we want to practice in our family?
- What current behaviors or activities are out of alignment with what we value most?
- What are our family’s seasonal rhythms?
And lots more.
It’s basically the tool I wish I would have had as a young mom because I spent a lot of time putting out fires and playing “defense” but in retrospect I wish I would have spent less time comparing and looking at what other families were doing and had been more intentional about defining what I wanted OUR family to be about.
I’ve heard the quote “be the person you needed when you were younger” and I kind of took it and made it into “write the thing you wish you would have had when you were younger”. 🙂
Who it’s for:
- Parents of young children who want to be intentional about creating a home culture that aligns with their family’s values.
- Parents of teenagers that want to maximize the impact of the remaining years their children will be home.
- Couples who don’t have kids yet but want to be proactive about designing the home they want to raise a family in.
- Pretty much anyone who’s feeling like their family has gotten a bit of track and are ready to change course.
Get all the details here!