You Guys! It’s been a long time since I did a “what I learned” post but I was inspired to start again. SO, in no particular order here are a few things I learned in March (actually in the first part of the year):
- This is my 20th high school reunion year. I didn’t do the math so I had kind of spaced about it until I got an invitation for an alumnae luncheon. 20 YEARS! That seems kind of crazy peeps.
- Speaking at your home church is a little terrifying. A few weeks I shared a bit of my story with the lovely women at my church. And I really don’t mind speaking at all but there’s something about being up on the same stage that your beloved senior pastor preaches at every weekend that’s a little unsettling. I think it went OK though.
- Related to #2 I speak with my hands a lot. I think it’s part of my latina blood but also when coaching or leading workshops I use my hands a lot to make a point so. . . that’s probably a thing I should work on or maybe not?
- I have missed blogging. I really have and while writing a book was great, it also took the majority of my writing time so now I’m excited to get back at (hopefully) weekly posts.
- I’m OK with going gray, for now. Let’s just say that I have more than “a few” grays happening right now and I was pretty sure I’d get my hair colored as soon as that started happening but no, I’m actually embracing them and wearing them as sort of a badge of honor; feeling like I’ve earned them. But I may change my mind at some point.
- Having a child who can drive is exciting and terrifying. Recently we helped my 16 year old middle son get a car. He’s a pretty good driver but it’s still a little scary but it’s also really great when he offers to bring a latte from Starbucks.
What I read :
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert – awesome book, LOVED it!!
- Breaking Busy by Alli Worthington-
- Playing Big by Tara Mohr- really good
- Presence by Amy Cuddy- best book I’ve read in a long time. So good!
- Living Forward by Michael Hyatt- good read, had some great points.
What I watched:
Room– Wonderful but so intense!
Brooklyn– Great film, really beautiful.
Zootopia– So fun, I think I liked it more than the kids. 😉
Also as a family we’ve been watching the last season of American Idol
That’s it for now friends. See ya next week! -z
Linking up with Emily